Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLupusTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLupusTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ottawa Valley

I am due to take my methotrexate injection tonight, and I am really down and out with a virus. It’s Saturday, so there isn’t a doctor I can call and ask.
Has anyone ever been advised to miss a side if they are already really ill?
I’m concerned it could set me up for a really bad go.
Thanks and let me know. 💕

September 11, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyLupusTeam Member

Hey, Mattsgal,
My infusion team always asked me PRIOR to receiving my meds if I had been ill or seen for a new condition since my last infusion. In doing so they were noting in my chart that they were not giving me additional Immunosuppressive drugs which would be bad to do when you are already compromised. In your shoes, I would hold off taking it. I saw you said you had the mother of all colds, so it may be prudent to be tested for COVID right now as well. Hope this helps, and that you improve quickly. Be blessed.

September 11, 2021
A MyLupusTeam Member

If you are sick, given today's COVID scene, your doctor would probably say go get tested first then we'll figure out what to do with the meds. Sorry I am so late in getting this message to you. Hope you feel better real soon. Spend time with the dogs and new cat. That should help you feel a little better. Big hug to you.

September 11, 2021
A MyLupusTeam Member

I was on injectable methotrexate for a few years. I was told to hold the dose if I was very ill. You should get tested for COVID just in case. Praying all is well sweetie. I am not a doc so I am not “ practicing medicine”, but I am a RN, MSN

September 11, 2021
A MyLupusTeam Member

My friend I would hold off and not take it. With the virus you are already have your system is weak. I will keep you in my prayers. May God bless you!

September 11, 2021
A MyLupusTeam Member

I agree I think you should hold off on your injection and get to the bottom of the cold first. The methotrexate is an immunosuppressive drug and your resistance is already low with the cold.
If you all have a call line like the "Advocate" health centers in the midwest you could call and speak to a nurse on call but they probably will suggest a covid test first.....blurred lines with this pandemic but its a precautionary measure if suggested.
I pray you feel better soon and everything works out for you.

September 11, 2021 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyLupusTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carrollton, GA

A MyLupusTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY